Ultrasound Technologist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Provide diagnostic images and appropriate measure through the use of ultrasound equipment for the purpose of diagnosis...
Job Views ( 15 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Provide diagnostic images and appropriate measure through the use of ultrasound equipment for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomical and physiological disorders under the direction and supervision of the radiologists while maintaining professional ethnics.
* Duty 1: Selects proper technique and protocols pertaining to the Ultrasound department, including paperwork, and demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 2: Consistently able to multi-task, work in a timely manner and adjust to busy or stressful situation easily and calmly.
* Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem solving skills and seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
* Duty 4: Regularly strives to educate themselves regarding new procedures equipment etc… within the Ultrasound Department and shows willingness to learn new procedures.
* Duty 5: Coordinates with other departments, radiologist, and offices to enhance the imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral pattern.
* Duty 6: Explains procedures to patient ensuring understanding comfort, safety and privacy as well as inquiring of patient, and /or representative, a thorough medical history, as it pertains to procedure being done.
* Duty 7: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Graduate of an AMA approved school of Medical Sonography.
* Must be Registry Eligible. New Hires will be given 24 months following date of hire to become registered through ARDMS.
* On-call duties require the associate to arrive at the facility within 30 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. This position requires continuous walking and standing for extensive periods of time. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity to operate equipment, push and pull patients while providing treatment, and reach work above the shoulders. Associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians and co-workers.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help