UTILITY at MENNEL MILLING Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 135 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders...
Job Views ( 30 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
UTILITY at MENNEL MILLING
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 135 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, physical testing and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the cleaning of food grade rail cars. The personnel will disassemble, assemble and pressure test 5 pan and 16 pan rail cars. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 7AM-4PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Installation of rail wheel chocks.
• Installation of signage in front and aft of rail car.
• Operation of valves and levers.
• Removal and installation of bottom pans and plates on rail cars.
• Removal and installation of piping.
• Inspection, cleaning, installation and removal of bottom pan pad assemblies.
• Inspection, cleaning, installation and removal of product valves and piping.
• Open and close top hatches and repair as needed.
• Operation of a man-lift and correct operation of fall restraint equipment.
• Operate and maintain pressure washing equipment.
• Required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) to include face shield, goggles, gloves, and rain suit.
• Operate wash spinner head assembly.
• Climb stairs and operate in elevated area (on top of rail cars.)
• Operate pneumatic impact guns.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
• Valid driver’s license preferred.
• Ability to use and understand tools and pressure washing equipment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to use chemicals (anti-mold) and bleach.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
30 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help