JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION DONATION PROCESSOR FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt MISSION OF GOODWILL Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation...
Job Views ( 4 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION DONATION PROCESSOR
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
MISSION OF GOODWILL
Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation whose mission is to assist individuals with barriers to employment become self-sufficient through employment training and opportunities. Since 1933 we have assisted thousands of individuals throughout Northwest Ohio to become economically independent.
- Responsible for safety of those assigned to work area.
- Provide a positive role model.
- Cooperate with other departments/stores.
- Understand and implement Agency mission.
- Assure compliance with Agency policies.
- Comply with and monitor safety programs.
- Promote a spirit of teamwork.
- Effectively and productively manage time.
- Maintain an acceptable quantity and quality of work.
- Attend meetings and training programs as directed.
- Perform any and all duties deemed necessary by the Agency.
OCCASSIONAL DUTIES OR SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- Must work flexible hours and weekends. Travel for meetings and training as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to distinguish between salable and non-salable donated goods.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of efficiency in order to meet or exceed daily objectives.
- Must be capable of performing any job within the production area.
- High school education preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
Any combination of training, education and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities required to adequately perform the job duties.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head Cashier, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager
EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED: None
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Identify working salable items. Prepare items for sale, including cleaning, pricing and recording of items.
- Make minor repairs of furniture items, small appliances and electrical items.
- Sort textiles according to agency quality standards. Must sort and hang productively and efficiently to meet daily requirements for the store. Good out-of-season merchandise will be packed and shipped to the plant.
- Maintain work area by keeping it clean and free of debris at all times. Work areas must be maintained according to the posted schematics. “Stashes” of merchandise are expressly prohibited. The only time an employee may shop, or make a purchase is when the employee does not work in their store that day. They may however, shop at any other store location at any other time. Shopping and/or making a purchase is permitted on the sales floor only and is strictly prohibited in the production room.
- Report any unauthorized shopping, purchasing or “stashing” of merchandise or requests of the aforementioned immediately to your supervisor. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- Meet or exceed your daily objective as established by the store management.
- Follow policies and procedures of the Retail Division
- Recognize name brand merchandise and price accordingly. Higher prices for specialty merchandise must be reasonable and fair for existing market.
- Use proper telephone etiquette when answering the telephone. No personal business will be conducted on the phone at any time.
- Know your store’s daily sales and production objectives and strive to attain them.
- Follow store management’s directives explicitly
- Advise store manager or assistant store manager of operational problems such as unsafe conditions, maintenance requirements and general store operations.
- Report to work on time for your scheduled shift. Lunches and breaks will be taken in strict accordance with company policy. Two weeks’ notice must be given to store management when requesting time off. If you are unable to work your scheduled shift, you are responsible to find a replacement.
- Load and/or unload the trailers/trucks as required. Assist, when necessary, with keeping garbage emptied.
- Obey all OSHA regulations and safety requirements. Promote good safety work habits. Report any safety violations or safety related problems to the store manager. Use proper lifting techniques as well as other approved safety techniques to avoid personal injuries. Must be familiar with the proper use of the MSDS book as well as the first aid kit.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help