Utility – Trucking
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our...
Job Views ( 11 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to work with personnel from the flour mill, transportation group, Class 8 and outside customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 7PM-7AM. Works overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Perform inspections on vehicles, light maintenance and repair on equipment.
• Responsible to maintain basic supplies of minor equipment for the fleet.
• Assist with loading and unloading van trailers and pneumatic trailers as needed.
• Responsible to communicate with all drivers to ensure equipment is running in safe and operable condition.
• Utilize technology to communicate with all parties pertaining to making efficient and effective decisions.
• Utilize Bolt, PeopleNet, phone, email and AS400 to communicate with coworkers and management.
• Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
• Ability to understand DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations to effectively dispatch fleet.
• Ability to utilize Bolt, PeopleNet, Microsoft office and AS400 technologies.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must have excellent critical thinking skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Must display an attention to detail .
• Must possess the ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help