Utilization Review Coordinator (Salaried/FT)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this job is to carry out concurrent utilization review activities under the direction of...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this job is to carry out concurrent utilization review activities under the direction of the Utilization Review Committee. Monitor and report variances in quality control.
* Duty 1: Accountable for daily caseload of patients including new admissions and discharges and the coinciding admission status and concurrent chart review of daily caseload.
* Duty 2: The UR nurse collaborates with insurance companies for all inpatient/observation patients to maintain appropriateness of care levels and necessity of utilization in compliance with established criteria.
* Duty 3: The UR nurse works daily with the Registration and Pre-Cert departments to obtain and ensure bidirectional insurance communication.
* Duty 4: The UR nurse attends daily rounds with other health care professionals to discuss various aspects of individual patient care to ensure delivery of high quality, efficient and cost effective care and assist in discharge planning.
* Duty 5: The UR nurse on an ongoing basis communicates effectively with other healthcare disciplines, patients and their families as needed, during a patient’s hospitalization so that appropriate levels of care and utilization of services are maintained.
* Duty 6: The UR nurse works with the Utilization Review Physician Advisor to bring to resolution utilization issues and/or length of stay issues not resolved through direct discussion with the patient’s own physician.
* Duty 7: The UR nurse in a timely manner works with physicians to resolve denial/potential denial issues by making phone calls, writing appeal letters, and sending documents to insurance companies to avoid penalties or denials of reimbursement.
* Duty 8: The UR nurse on a quarterly basis to maintain compliance with federal guidelines: develops the agenda for the UR/HIS/BYLAWS Committee, organizes information packets, distributes packets to committee members, attends the meetings, share information and answer questions regarding utilization of services and assists with the yearly review of the UR Plan.
* Duty 9: The UR nurse as assigned participates in various committees and meetings to contribute information regarding utilization of services and quality of healthcare for the purpose of improving patient care and outcomes.
* Duty10: The UR nurse evaluates the psychosocial needs of patients in a timely manner to assist in discharge planning, referral to other agencies/programs, or referral to the social work department. Also, provides Advanced Directive information to patients, family members.
* Duty 11: The UR nurse, through concurrent chart review, issues or delegates the issuing of the following forms if applicable: BPCI-A notification, IMM (first or second), and MOON. The UR nurse also provides the following services to the patient if applicable: Disease specific education, community resource education and referral to appropriate inpatient and outpatient services.
* Duty 12: The UR nurse participates in the readmission review process and works with the interdisciplinary team to identify patients who are readmitted or at risk for readmission and intervenes accordingly.
* Duty 13: The UR nurse is available as a resource to the unit which they are serving on any given day, providing assistance as needed to the interdisciplinary team. The UR nurse participates in an on-call rotation and is available after hours/on weekends, or on an as needed basis.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help