Van Dispatcher Full Time Regular MCC Transport, Fostoria SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to work with personnel from MMC Transport, Mennel...
Job Views ( 13 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to work with personnel from MMC Transport, Mennel Flour Mills, Sales and customers to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
After hour phone calls when drivers need assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
- Responsible for scheduling fleet resourcefully to increase revenue and effectively utilize equipment. Work with brokers to accommodate back hauls and reduce empty miles.
- Broker loads utilizing outside dry van carriers.
- Responsible to work with drivers to ensure equipment is serviced, repaired, inspected and maintained for safe and operable working conditions.
- Tasks with meeting scheduled deadlines and managing schedule changes.
- Provide courteous, timely and professional customer service by responding timely and appropriately to customer requests; works with customers to resolve concerns and issues.
- Perform essential duties and responsibilities in an honest and ethical manner; maintains confidentiality on all business-related matters.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending staff meetings, safety trainings, educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Assists in billing, invoicing and accounts receivable, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required. A bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Previous dispatching experience a plus.
- Understand DOT and FMCSA rules and regulations to effectively dispatch fleet.
- Ability to utilize Bolt, PeopleNet, Microsoft office and AS400 technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must display an attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help