Vascular Lab Technician (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Vascular Lab – Perform non-invasive diagnostic arterial and venous vascular studies under the supervision of a...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Vascular Lab – Perform non-invasive diagnostic arterial and venous vascular studies under the supervision of a qualified physician.
* Duty 1: Selects proper technique and protocols pertaining to the Vascular Lab department, including paperwork, and demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 2: Consistently able to multi-task, work in a timely manner and adjust to busy or stressful situation easily and calmly.
* Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem solving skills and seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
* Duty 4: Regularly strives to educate themselves regarding new procedures equipment etc… within the Vascular Lab Department and shows willingness to learn new procedures.
* Duty 5: Coordinates with other departments, medical directors, and offices to enhance the imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral pattern.
* Duty 6: Explains procedures to patient ensuring understanding comfort, safety and privacy as well as inquiring of patient, and /or representative, a thorough medical history, as it pertains to procedure being done.
* Duty 7: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* RVT Certification and/or graduate of approved Sonography course of study
* Must obtain registry within 12 months post-graduation
* BLS Certification
* Must be able to work weekend and holiday call rotation
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
General: Frequently pushes patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs.) into and out of treatment areas. Frequently travels within building to locate patients on units, test patients in other clinical areas, or to assist in patient transport. Frequently stands for monitoring, evaluating, documenting and obtaining patient information. Occasionally transports patient folders, treatment materials, and office supplies (1 – 25 pounds). Frequently stoops or crouches, pushes/pulls file storage cabinet drawers to retrieve and return patient materials and frequently changes body position from sit-stand or stand-sit during treatment, documentation, and general office activities. Occasionally provides steadying or light assistance to ambulatory patients for standing, walking within the department or in hallways and occasionally lifts/adjusts patients seated in wheelchair with or without assistance.
Hearing: Constantly able to hear human and technical sounds while interacting with patients, other professionals and the environment. Needs to be able to discern blood pressure sounds.
Vision: Frequently reads literature, reports and other written materials from other professionals. Constantly uses aspects of far and near vision, depth perception, as well as field of vision and sharp focus during the surveillance of patients and the environment. Frequently uses color vision to distinguish labels, assess patients and interpret data.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help