Four-Day Work Week (Monday to Thursday) 34 hours Wastewater Operator (RCAP) – GLCAP Findlay, OH – Home Office, Starting wage $1170.00 weekly Summary: Are you...
Job Views ( 15 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Four-Day Work Week (Monday to Thursday) 34 hours
Wastewater Operator (RCAP) – GLCAP Findlay, OH – Home Office, Starting wage $1170.00 weekly
Are you a water or wastewater professional who enjoys helping people? Great Lakes RCAP is seeking a licensed water and/or wastewater operator to provide technical assistance and training to small systems, industry professionals and operators-in-training. Experience in project planning, financing, training, utility management are a plus.
Why work for GLCAP?
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance (available immediately)
- 403(B) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- HSA and FSA with company contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Personal)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation after one year (can begin using after 6 months of employment)
- Paid Holidays
- Non-critical agency closing week between Christmas and New Years
- Retention Incentive ($500 incentive upon completion of orientation and a $500 incentive following 180 calendar days of employment)
- Referral Program (Earn $500 for every referral when the applicant successfully completes orientation)
- Wellness Incentives (save almost 50% off Weight Watchers, discounted gym memberships, rewards for completing wellness activities, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress code
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Company Engagement Activities and Employee Recognition
- Mileage/travel reimbursement
- Family oriented atmosphere
- Phone Stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Education Assistance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop plans to help water/wastewater systems achieve and maintain compliance with regulations, optimize performance, adopt best management practices, and properly inspect and maintain their system.
- Conduct on-site visits with operators; conduct needs assessments; complete the enrollment process; and prepare and provide progress reports and updates regarding the status of projects.
- Develop and deliver training. Provide technical assistance to operators and other local government officials related to water/wastewater project planning, management, operation and maintenance, capacity development, and workforce development.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the latest developments in federal and state regulations, new technologies and trends relating to water and wastewater.
Required certification/licensing as a water and/or wastewater operator in relevant state, or ability to gain licensing in that state through reciprocity within one year; Prefer bachelor’s degree in water operations, chemistry, environmental engineering, or resource management.
Five to seven years’ experience in water or wastewater operations. System management experience preferred. Three to five years’ experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software.
As a condition of employment, the following are additional requirements:
- Initial and periodic Motor Vehicle Records checks, maintain a valid driver’s license, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must have insured, dependable transportation available for daily use.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to be reached by cellular phone during business hours and after hours.
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help