Well at Work – Clinical Assistant (MA) – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the provider and nursing staff, assists in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the provider and nursing staff, assists in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab procedures, as well as duties assigned to the MOA and clerical duties for Well at work Occupational Health office.
Duty 1: Manages daily patient and provider flow.
Duty 2: Assists with patient care and ensures that exam rooms are prepared for each visit as needed
Duty 3: Assist provider with chart documentation and knows, understands and follows directions as given by the provider.
Duty 4: Performs “clerk” duties as needed; Schedules patient appointments, updates demographic information, answers phones, etc..
Duty 5: Conducts blood draws, vital signs, audiometry, pulmonary function, visual acuity, urinalysis and injections, fit testing, alcohol testing and EKGs
Duty 6: Processes physicals and drug screens.
Duty 7: Reports out collect only tests, EBTs, result letters, and physicals to companies in a timely manner.
Duty 8: Completes the invoicing and billing processes and delivers the bank deposit weekly.
Duty 9: Daily checks – UA, Audio and Pulmonary machines. Weekly checks – Eye Wash station
Duty 10: Other duties as assigned within the Clerk and MOA job descriptions.
* Medical Assistant Certification, EMT certification or 1-2 years’ experience in a patient care setting.
* Experience/ Competency in giving injections/blood draws.
* Required within 6 months of hire or transfer: Certified Professional Collector (CPC) for drug screens, NIOSH approved Spirometry training, Certification as a Breath Alcohol technician, and Certification as an Audiometric Technician.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Typing and medical terminology experience.
* Knowledge of office procedures and equipment/instruments.
* Competency demonstrated to provide injections and blood draws.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* 1-3 years’ experience in Occupational health and Strong Knowledge of Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation rules and guidelines, desired.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help