Wound Care RN/Case Manager
*Wound Nurse Certification Preferred or 2 Years of Wound Care Experience (will train the right person) *$5,000 Sign-on Bonus Eligibility *Quarterly Bonus...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
*Wound Nurse Certification Preferred or 2 Years of Wound Care Experience (will train the right person)
*$5,000 Sign-on Bonus Eligibility
*Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
*4 Day Work Schedule
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Registered Nurse in Home Health Care is to assume ongoing assessment, care planning, documentation of progress, and accountability, for his/her assigned patients within the home health care system. Manages on-call as scheduled in a consistently responsible manner.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care in order to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient including care for patients with wound or skin needs.
Duty 2: Provides consultation and direct assistance to nursing staff and assists staff in maintaining current knowledge in management of patients with altered skin integrity, complex wounds, and fistulas.
Duty 3: Collaborates with physicians, case managers, and other health professionals in assisting and meeting needs of patients including those with altered skin integrity, complex wounds, and fistulas.
Duty 4: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide disease/diagnosis age specific care to the patients served with Bridge Home Health and Hospice.
Duty 5: Establishes and maintains communication/collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team and patient’s primary physician regarding patient condition, orders, plan of care, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care. Utilizes a team approach to teaching opportunities and family care issues of the patient.
Duty 6: Maintains assigned patient caseload within scheduled hours while minimizing overtime.
Duty 7: Able to communicate admission, resumption, and recertification criteria specific to each patient.
Duty 8: Documentation is consistent with or exceeds Bridge Home Health and Hospice guidelines.
Duty 9: Manages on-call and helper assignments responsible to include keeping management informed of any unusual or special incident occurrences.
Duty 10: Consistently maintains optimal patient care within budget constraints.
Duty 11: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 12: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and Medicare/Medicaid compliance to include OASIS if appropriate.
* Possesses a R.N. licensure for the state of Ohio.
* Worked a minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience.
* Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s polici
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help