Youth Services Assistant
YOUTH SERVICES ASSISTANT NOTE: Position open until filled. Apply at Indeed.com (Link: https://www.indeed.com/job/youth-services-assistant-643248ba5abb7f0f), drop off a copy of your...
Job Views ( 5 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
YOUTH SERVICES ASSISTANT
NOTE: Position open until filled. Apply at Indeed.com (Link: https://www.indeed.com/job/youth-services-assistant-643248ba5abb7f0f), drop off a copy of your letter of interest and resume at the library, or send your materials to [email protected]
Hours: Part-Time (24 Hours/Weekly)
Rate: $12.50 Per Hour
Department: Youth Services
Reports To: Youth Services Manager
Under supervision by the Youth Services Manager, this staff member provides direct public service at the Youth Services desk. Assists in planning, implementing, and evaluating departmental programming and activities as well as outreach initiatives within the community.
- Provides direct patron assistance, including basic Reference and Readers’ Advisory services.
- Assists patrons with use of library materials and equipment, including patron computers.
- Assists with planning and tasks related to library programs, Story Times, the annual Summer Reading Program, and other special events as assigned.
- Participates in maintenance of the Junior Library space, collections, exhibits, and displays.
- Conducts Youth Services outreach activities as assigned.
- Helps prepare the library for opening, closing, or special events.
- Attends relevant training opportunities, webinars, and workshops.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
A flexible schedule is required, including working some evening or weekend hours in support of meetings, staffing needs, or library programs and events.
Considerable local travel and occasional regional or statewide travel for trainings, meetings, and events is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous public library experience preferred.
- Background in early childhood development or previous experience working with children and young adults.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS from an accredited institution.
- Acceptable Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation background check.
- Possession of valid Ohio drivers’ license and clean driving record.
1. All staff members at Tiffin-Seneca Public Library are “At Will” employees. This job description is not a contract nor an all-inclusive list of duties. Employees may be required to perform other duties necessary to meet the on-going needs of the library.
- Tiffin-Seneca Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The library provides equal employment opportunities for all our staff members and applicants in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, or sexual orientation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of developmental, recreational and educational needs of children and young adults.
- Basic knowledge of library organization and finding information and materials in the collection.
- Technology skills sufficient effectively operate a computer, perform online tasks and searches, utilize Microsoft Office productivity software, and learn library-specific software.
- Genuine interest in assisting children, young adults, and their caregivers.
- Ability to maintain an atmosphere that is positive, fun, and encouraging for patrons.
- Ability to speak and perform in front of groups of Youth Services patrons and parents.
- Creativity, organization, and able to use time well.
ORGANIZATION-WIDE WORK REQUIREMENTS
Every library staff member is expected to:
- Interact professionally with other staff members, patrons, and vendors.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with others.
- Uphold library performance standards, work rules, and policies
This job takes place at a busy public service desk in the library’s Junior Library and requires frequent speaking and interaction with the public. Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and remember assignments given over long periods of time. Must be able to read from a computer screen for significant amounts of time. Noise level in the work environment can vary greatly depending upon number of patrons present and library activities.
This position requires the ability to lift up to forty pounds on an occasional basis, as well as the ability to frequently bend, stretch, reach, and maneuver loads on book carts. This position requires extended periods of both sitting and standing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help